“Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life”.
This quote could not be a truer testament to my work as a therapist. I am passionate about working with children and families in order to initiate positive growth and change.
My love of children took shape even from a young age and later evolved into educational and professional pursuits. I’ve been encouraged by those who know me best to pursue with passion my natural ability to connect with children, forming a relationship to help them overcome challenges and fears, break down barriers, and become the best possible version of themselves.
I began my work with children as an early childhood educator and have since watched my path unfold little by little, leading me to where I am now. It is my commitment to you and your child to support you as we sort through life’s challenges and help you both to develop skills, confidence, and courage to succeed. I would love nothing more than the opportunity to work with your child, and I encourage you to contact me with any questions regarding what this process may look like!
Things are not always simple, and it’s easy to get discouraged, but remember this when things get tough: “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it’s the voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” Take the first step, we’ve got this!
My areas of interest include:
- Behavioral challenges and oppositional defiance
- Adoption related issues
- Anxiety, depression, and emotional regulation
Additional Background Info:
- Master of Education and Education Specialist degree from Clemson University in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- National Board Certified Counselor and Licensed Professional Counselor-Intern in South Carolina
- Project Best Certified TF-CBT Provider in South Carolina
- Spartanburg School District 4, pre-school teacher
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education from Presbyterian College