I am passionate about helping you develop your internal resources and empower you to have healthy relationships at home and out in ‘the world.’ I strive hard to foster a non-judgmental atmosphere where you feel both supported and challenged. And together, we will share openly about your progress to ensure your therapy is moving in the direction you desire.
I would love to work with you. Contact me with questions and to get that first session scheduled.
My areas of specialty include:
- Body image or disordered eating issues
- Anxiety, Panic, OCD-like symptoms of perfection and rigidity
- Low self-esteem, depression and frequent sadness
- Masters of Education Degree in Counseling Education at the University of South Carolina, with emphasis on individual, marriage and family therapy
- Richland County School District Two for nearly 5 years
- Medical University of South Carolina: Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Certificate
- STAR Behavioral Health Military Training: Specialized training in understanding and treating military service members and their families.
- Selah of the Carolinas, Columbia, SC (formerly The Hearth Center for Eating Disorders): Eating Disorder Training involving anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, ARFID, and OSFED
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dr. Jason Satterfield, University of California: CBT techniques and methodologies in therapy.