When families come to therapy it is a magical thing. We honor the time and commitment it takes to get multiple people from your family in the office at the same time and we think you are brilliant for making it happen.
Family is central and is, many times, where it all begins and ends. Our belief is that we can work with every individual of a family and do great things, but if we never work together, we are missing the chance to put the whole puzzle together and see the big, beautiful picture.
As a therapy group, we are dedicated to honing and valuing our skill as family therapists and we value this process tremendously.
Family work can be particularly helpful when:
- There is a been a death, serious diagnosis or major loss
- When one child is struggling in a significant way, affecting everyone
- When siblings are seriously at odds
- When families are going through divorce, remarriage or parents are dating
- When blended families just aren’t blending
- When adolescents happens
- When parents are at odds on how to discipline-and nothing is working
- When families simply seek to understand each other better and grow towards each other